WARNING: Here's What Every Netlaw User Needs To Know About Completing Their Living Trust
need to Put Your Home Into Your Trust
From: Dan X. Nguyen, Esq.
Date: Now
Location: California
Congratulations on getting your estate plan done! You are in the exclusive club of 40% of people that have their estate planning done. But you're not all the way there yet: if you have a home, you need to put your home into your trust to avoid probate.
Our deed preparation service will include all the documents you need to put your home into your newly created revocable living trust:
  • Trust Transfer Deed: draft the transfer deed and make sure title is correct to put your home into your trust. 
  • Preliminary Change of Ownership Report: draft the preliminary change of ownership report to be filed along with your deed and submitted to the county recorder's office.
  • State Bill 2 Exemption: Starting in 2018, California assessed a $75 fee for each new document filed with the county recorder. Your primary residence is exempted from this fee and a coversheet or other required wording on the  deed is necessary to avoid the fee.
  • Check Title to the Property: we check with county records to verify who currently owns the property so that the filing is done correctly.
Don't let your living trust go unfunded and avoid the probate process by making sure your home is titled in the name of the trust.
Over 33 Homes Funded into Netlaw Trusts over 2 Years
We have transferred over 33 homes for Netlaw families with revocable living trusts over the last 3 years, plus more outside of those that we assisted with preparing their living trusts. 
Highly Qualified Attorney
Peace of Mind
The ONLY 5 Star Attorney on the Netlaw Attorney Network

Special Netlaw Pricing: $300 Per Deed, Per Property

Dan X. Nguyen, Esq.
P.S. : Our services are only available in California at this time. If you need additional deed(s) for more than 1 property, please purchase one and contact instructions will follow.
Do I Sign The Deed After I Have Signed My Netlaw Documents?
You can sign your trust transfer deed at the same time you sign your living trust or after. Some clients sign them all at the same time to save time and money on notary services.
How Long Is the Process?
The drafting of the documents typically takes 3 to 5 days before it is delivered to you for signature with a notary. Sometimes when we confirm ownership of the property, we find things that make it more complex, which requires us to take more time to do it properly. Receipt of recording will take 4-6 weeks, depending on the processing times of the county.
What If Only One Spouse is on Title?
Depends on when the property was purchased (before marriage or during marriage). If the couple agrees to treat the property as if it was acquired during marriage, then the property needs to be titled first in both names as community property (additional cost), and then another deed is required to transfer from both names to the joint living trust.
Do I Need to Record the Living Trust With the County?
No, you do not need to record the living trust with the county recorder in California. In order to move real estate into a living trust, you record a deed with the county where the property is located in.
Do the Names Have to Match Exactly?
To ensure clean title transfer and minimizing issues down the road, you want to have the names match exactly from the existing property deed to the trust transfer deed.

See What Others Clients Are Saying About Working With Dan X. Nguyen

Copyright © 2018 - Dan X. Nguyen, Esq.
Testimonials or endorsement does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter
Powered By ClickFunnels.com